Friday, October 7, 2011

Isaiah 55:9

                “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts”

                So not only are my thoughts not His thoughts, but His thoughts are higher than mine. How high? “As the heavens are higher than the earth” for His thoughts are heavenly while mine are carnal. I can imagine and picture the intricacies of science and examine the ways at which the clouds form and how mountains are founded, yet the Lord knows both what I’ve just explained and how the cosmos array His glory and how HE sets the earth in such a place with all the precise sets of physical laws so that rushing activities of the stars will not destroy the earth till God permits.

                “My ways are higher than your ways” I might build a city with relative beauty and wise design, yet the Lord is going to create this “New Jerusalem” who’s designed perfectly in dimension and ascetics and is lit up by the glory of God. I might sacrifice my time or energy or even my reputation to try and help someone, yet God sent His son to be spat upon, scourged and absorb the wrath of God for my sin. “For scarcely a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us.”

                Application: What’s amazing about this verse is that His ways and thoughts, which are infinitely higher than mine, are bent towards my good. Will I have enough faith that all things, no matter how unusual or painful or beyond my comprehension, will end up being for my highest good and His highest glory. I will work harder to work faithfully in this wise covenant with the Lord and invite people into this wonderful covenant with the Lord who’s ways and thoughts are higher than ours as the heavens are higher than the earth.

                “Yes, I will rejoice over them and to do them good, and I will assuredly plant them in this land, with all My heart and with all My soul.” (Jeremiah 32:41) In times of distress and confusion, may the Lord give me grace to hang on to this verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment