Thursday, October 6, 2011

Isaiah 55:8

“’For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,’ says the LORD.”

                Though I will not admit it consciously, I get the impression in my mind that I comprehend the unsearchable depths of the knowledge of God. Yet I haven’t even scathed the surface of God’s knowledge and wisdom for my thoughts and His thoughts are categorically different. Yet this is comforting to know that His ways are incomprehensible in perfection and His thoughts are so higher than my depraved thoughts.

                “How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them, if I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand,” (Psalm 139:17-18) My thoughts of myself are so degrading when I hear and believe the condemnation of the devil. Yet “My thoughts are not your thoughts” The condemnations I believe of myself don’t even pass God’s mind, instead He looks at me with such delight, affection, and love. Oh how freeing is this!

                Application: This verse applies to me two-fold. One, I need to understand how much wiser and knowledgeable God’s ways and thoughts are so that I may be humbled. Secondly, I can be comforted in the knowledgeable that His thoughts are not my thoughts and that His love passes my understanding.

                “Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it.” (Psalm 139:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment